Jessa Duggar, one of the stars of the popular TLC show 19 Kids and Counting, caused a stir when her boyfriend posted a picture of her holding a pink and black rifle on Facebook.
The picture below was posted by Ben Seewald in May and the controversy began when the photo was picked up by media outlets.
Anti-gunners began to leave comments on the picture condemning Jessa for posing with an “assault weapon”. Here are some of the comments that have been posted:
- “Somehow, I can’t picture Jesus ever carrying an assault weapon” Delilah T.
- “People who glorify guns pathetically show there ignorance” – Sharon K.
- “No Guns” – Dave H.
- “Those of us from Sandy Hook don’t think she’s so awesome, nice example to set. Shameful” Mary Ann J.
- “This is very inappropriate Ben. Please grow up!” Theresa H.
- ” I am very disappointed, this is so un-Christian, we do not live in a time where we must kill to put food on the table. This is a time when we need to all stop using guns for killing children. We have to many sick people with guns!!!! This beautiful girl is not a killer!!!” Gleta G.
- “No human needs a machine gun”
Several news media outlets also condemned the 21 year old Jessa. The Inquisitr and the Daily Mail both posted headlines that said she posed with an “assault rifle”. Perez Hilton used the headline, “Jessa Duggar stirs up major controversy after she poses with a DANGEROUS weapon”. Yes, he used all caps for the word dangerous.
They should actually be praising Jessa for proper gun handling. The barrel was pointed in a safe direction, both hands were on the gun, and her finger was not on the trigger.
Jessa Duggar, who is 21 years old, is the 5th child of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s 19 children.
If you’re interested at all in having plenty of ammo no matter how much is available on store shelves you should check out this video. The Ammo Independence guide is a must have for any gun owner. CLICK HERE. (sponsored)