On Wednesday, the California Senate approved some very controversial and unconstitutional gun control bills that should have every California gun owner up in arms (hmm maybe a poor choice of words).
According the the USA Today the new measures would:
- Outlaw detachable magazines in rifles and so-called button bottoms;
- Prohibit magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
- Require background checks for all buyers and sellers of ammunition;
- Reclassify certain shotguns as assault weapons;
- Require all gun buyers to take a firearm-safety certificate class;
- Expand crimes that would result in a 10-year ban on owning or buying firearms. Additions include drug- and alcohol-related offenses, hazing, violations of protective orders and court-ordered mental health treatment.
Oh and it gets even worse. According to the bill they are wanting to turn more guns into “assault rifles”, further criminalizing hard working gun owners. If any of the following exist on the rifle it will be considered an assault rifle in CA:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.(B) A thumbhole stock.(C) A folding or telescoping stock.(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.(E) A flash suppressor.(F) A forward pistol grip.(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.(4) A semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.(B) A second handgrip.(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:(A) A folding or telescoping stock.(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Here’s my question. Do ANY of these measures sound like a good idea to you? This is just another war on the 2nd amendment as the anti-gunners in California try to restrict the rights of gun owners so much that it makes it completely nightmare for anyone to be a gun owner and try to abide by the law at the same time.
Every Republican in the Senate voted against the bill and just 4 Democrats voted against it.
Just to buy ammunition a person would have to go through a background check and pay an extra fee and jump through all kinds of hoops.
Sen. Kevin De Leon (D-Los Angeles), the bill’s sponsor, made one of the dumbest comments ever made by a clueless politician when he said the purpose of the bill was…
“to ensure that criminals and other dangerous individuals cannot purchase ammunition in the state of California.”
“To purchase a product that has the potential to maim or kill another human being you can (now) walk into a gun store, no questions asked. I think that’s a little outrageous.”
So I guess the sales of baseball bats, hammers, and even cars will also have background checks since all of those can maim or kill human beings as well.
We wish all California gun owners well as they try to fight these bills. Show your support for these gun owners that are slowly having their rights taken away, because the anti-gun lawmakers are wanting to enact similar measures in other states as well.
Before you go you have to see this California Sherrif rip into CA lawmakers calling the recent gun control laws wrong for hard working citizens. Oh, and he also said he will not enforce these gun control laws because he will protect the constitution at all costs. The anti-gun crowd in the video didn’t like that comment too much:
This expert says you should be hoarding these 37 things now before the coming crisis. He says stores will empty their shelves in just 2 hours and it will be impossible to get these 37 things. Read More here.
NASA is warning that we have 13 months to get ready. See why FEMA has ordered 300 million body bags in the face of what some are calling WWIII. CLICK HERE (sponsored)