Maryland and North Carolina are both neighbors of Virginia but while one state is trying to limit 2nd amendment rights as much as possible another is allowing its citizens to exercise those rights so the criminals are not the only ones with the guns.
Maryland is imposing some of the strictest gun control in the country today, banning many of what they call “assault rifles”, and banning gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
HB 937 in North Carolina actually respects the constitutional rights of NC residents and takes away the power from the criminals, while allowing gun owners to protect themselves.
In the NC law that goes into effect today here are some of the changes that have been made and how they affect gun owners.
- SECTION 1: Concealed carry permit holders may keep their weapons in closed compartments or containers inside locked vehicles that are parked in state-owned or state-leased parking lots.
- SECTION 2: Employees of a university who live on campus can now have weapons in single-family detached residences. In some cases, they can have weapons in their personal vehicles, but this is dependent on several factors. See text of bill for more.
- SECTION 3: If you have a concealed carry permit, you can now carry at an event or assembly where admission was charged. You may also carry in an establishment where alcohol is sold, provided you do not drink alcohol.
- SECTION 4: With a valid concealed carry permit, you can now have a concealed handgun on greenways, biking and walking paths, and certain open areas and fields. Local governments may still prohibit firearms in public athletic fields, swimming pools, and gymnasium. However, in those locations it is legal to keep a handgun in a closed compartment of a locked vehicle.
- SECTION 12: Concealed-carry records are now considered confidential records and will not be divulged to anyone except law enforcement agencies.
- SECTION 15: It is now legal to carry a concealed handgun at a parade or funeral procession, provided you have a valid permit.
- SECTION 16: Sheriffs are now required to give a written justification for their refusal to grant a pistol purchase permit.
- SECTION 23: It is now legal to hunt while using a lawfully-owned suppressor.
As you can see, this is the difference between living in an anti-gun state that is under the illusion that criminals will obey gun laws even while breaking all the other ones and living in a state that respects the constitutional rights of each citizen.
There are 37 things you will wish you had in the coming crisis. Find out what this ex-military expert says you need to hoard now in this video. CLICK HERE. (Yes, we get paid for promoting this product. You don’t want us to be broke do you? =)
NASA is warning that we have 13 months to get ready. See why FEMA has ordered 300 million body bags in the face of what some are calling WWIII. CLICK HERE (sponsored)