We are constantly reminding anti-gunners that gun-free zones only encourage mass shootings to take place there, and this story makes our point even more salient.
The FBI has thwarted an attack from an ISIS supporter who planned on carrying out a shooting at a Michigan church simply because concealed carry would not be allowed there.
After all, even bad guys don’t want bullets flying in their direction.
According to clickondetroit.com,
Khalil Abu-Rayyan, 21, was being watched by the feds since May 2015.
He was even having online conversations with an undercover FBI agent.
“I tried to shoot up a church one day,” Abu-Rayyan posted. “It’s one of the biggest ones in Detroit. I had it planned out. I bought a bunch of bullets. I practiced reloading and unloading.”
Prior to those conversations that began in December 2015, the FBI had been following Abu-Rayyan’s Twitter activity.
He had been retweeting, liking and commenting on ISIS propaganda.
In conversation’s between Abu-Rayyan and the undercover agent, Abu-Rayyan described his desire to commit a martyrdom operation.
The complaint filed in federal court doesn’t specify which Detroit church he was allegedly planning to attack, only that it was close and could seat 6,000 members.
The complaint quotes Abu-Rayyan saying:
“It’s easy, and a lot of people go there. Plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church. Plus it would make the news. Everybody would’ve heard. Honestly I regret not doing it. If I can’t do jihad in the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here.”
He had also told the undercover agent that a church would be an easy target because people are not allowed to carry guns there and that it would make the news.
The complaint also says that he told the agent he had armed himself with a large knife and would behead people if he needed to.
“It is my dream to behead someone,” he told the agent.
Abu-Rayyan is being held on gun and drug charges. He was pulled over Oct. 7, 2015, for speeding when Detroit police discovered a pistol, sleeping pills and marijuana.
NASA is warning that we have 13 months to get ready. See why FEMA has ordered 300 million body bags in the face of what some are calling WWIII. CLICK HERE (sponsored)