Are you ready for it? Another wave of gun control is about to hit our shores.
We all knew this was coming after the Fort Hood shootings last week, and even though this tragedy was another case of gun control CAUSING the gun violence rather than stopping it, our dear president apparently doesn’t know that.
So President Obama’s big idea is to control more guns and make even more people defenseless. According to reports from Fox News, Obama is requesting $1.1 billion for more gun control, and that’s in addition to the $382 million that the DOJ is requesting just to infringe on 2nd amendment rights instead of going after the actual perpetrators.
We just reported on the DOJ’s request for cash and Attorney General Eric Holder’s bright idea to spend $2 million on gun tracking bracelets and smart gun technology that has neither been proven or found effective.
The $1.1 billion that Obama is seeking includes $182 million that is part of the president’s “Now is the Time” gun safety initiative. The question is … now is the time for what exactly? For more gun bans, more restrictions on magazines, more forced registration and confiscation schemes?
Well according to this initiative this is what we have to look forward to if our Commander in Chief has his way:
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
5. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
6. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime
7. End the freeze on gun violence research
8. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors, better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
9. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly for young people.