No, we don’t expect any of the major news outlets to report this one, but we thought it was just a little on the hypocritical side to see the president running around with a toy gun while school children all around the country are being punished for doing much less.
Here is the tweet sent out from the White House:
In just the past few weeks we have reported on multiple instances of school’s trying to brainwash kids into thinking that guns are evil and gun owners are evil as well. Here are just a few of the stories of students being punished for simply being kids (and some of them have ‘violent behavior’ put on their permanent records as well).
- A 7-year-old boy was suspended from school for making his pastry into the shape of a gun at lunch. Later his parent’s appeal was denied to have the incident removed from his permanent record.
- This middle-schooler was suspended and told he was done for the year because he was using his hands as guns and pretending to shoot his friends who were also playing the game.
- This 11-year-old was suspended for simply TALKING about guns on the bus, and he was saying how he wished he had a gun to stop the shooter at Sandy Hook. But we must punish that kind of thinking right away, right?
- These California schools are doing toy gun buybacks because when children have toy guns it “teaches them to be violent” when they grow older. Read that story here.
- This boy was suspended from school because he was holding his pencil like a gun and pretending to be like his daddy who was a marine.
- This kindergartener was put in detention because he had a tiny little Lego gun the size of a quarter. Surprised they didn’t lock the place down on that one.
- And we just reported this last weekend about the 14-year-old who was suspended for refusing to take off his NRA t-shirt, and now he might face jail time and a $500 fine.
This list could go on and on and on. This is only from the last few days. As you can see the war against gun owners is not just in Washington, it’s in our schools, as educators (I use the term loosely) try to brain wash the next generation.
I’m all for the president playing with a toy gun with some children around a pool. Actually looked like a lot of fun. But while other kids are being punished for more innocent offenses it just wreaks of hypocrisy.
I thought we were supposed to be protecting the children. Instead all these schools are doing is protecting their own image as “anti-gun” while they attack the innocence of children and turn them into criminals for simple being kids. If you agree that it’s time this stops now, leave a comment below and let us know.