Many articles have been written about self defense and concealed carry. Many of us have read some extremely uneducated and dumb comments about self defense, so we came across a list of some of the most used comments from the website “Cornered Cat“.
- Self defense starts and ends with owning a gun. You don’t have to learn anything about violence dynamics or how criminals work. Simply own a gun, that’s all.
- A woman should never carry a gun because it will just get taken away and used against her. A woman should carry less effective tools instead, like silly little keychain doodads, because those lesser tools are so ineffectual that even a bad guy who can beat her to death with his bare hands won’t be able to hurt or kill her with one of those.
- Learning anything about the law will just slow you down and make you hesitate when you should be shooting. Nobody ever hesitates because they don’t know what’s legal; they only hesitate because they do.
- You will always have enough time and space to use the same type of drawstroke you’ve practiced on the range. You won’t ever need any empty hands skills for any reason: not to clear the way for a draw, not to protect yourself from a physical attack while you create an opportunity to use the gun, not to maintain control of your firearm if someone grabs for it.
- If someone tries to take your gun away, all you have to do is shoot them. That always solves the problem immediately, 100% of the time.
- Learning how to protect yourself from an attempted gun grab takes a lot of hard, painful work. You can’t learn anything worthwhile about it in any amount of time that’s measured in anything less than “years.”
- Never carry a round in the chamber. That’s dangerous.
- You can just rack the slide to show the attacker you mean business. The bad guy will run away at the sound.
- Situational awareness means you can never be surprised or taken off guard. You will never fail to see something in real time that a different observer believes they definitely would have seen, and says so as they watch the surveillance video in slow motion for clues to the violent crime they already know is about to happen.
- Learning better skills with firearms will make you more violent and less able to solve problems without violence.
Do keep in mind that none of the above sentences are true, and we know why. Which one of the above comments is one that you have heard? Do you have any that you would like to add?
NASA is warning that we have 13 months to get ready. See why FEMA has ordered 300 million body bags in the face of what some are calling WWIII. CLICK HERE (sponsored)