There have been many examples from statements as to the severe hatred that the Left has for law abiding gun owners. None have been as hate filled or astonishing as the tweet that Virginian Mike Dickinson made yesterday. On his profile “Dickinson for Congress” made the following statement
“Dear god. Please use Ebola to infect the @NRA and it’s various members. For they are A true virus and true terrorists in America.”
Although it is has come to light in recent days that Mr. Dickinson has not been nominated by the 7th District Democratic Party for the 2014 election, this gives no excuse for such brazen hatred for us who follow the law and own weapons. It is statements like these bring the question, how far are certain groups willing to go to infringe the rights to bear arms?
Even with The 7th District Democratic Party leaving him, Mr. Dickinson still claims to be running in the 2014 elections. The reason he lost the backing of the party wasn’t even because of his statements, but because he failed to file before the deadline. He doesn’t even appear on the Virginia State Board of Elections candidate list. Yet he still says that he is in the running for the senate office.
You may not remember one of his earlier statements he made on July 9th, 2014 in which he offered a $100,000 reward for a nude photo of Kendall Jones, a student at Texas Tech who has received attention for photos she posted on Facebook of a hunting trip. Dickinson’s tweet is just one more in a series of provocative tweets.
The following is the timeline on which this controversial candidate has been:
- December 2013: Each party in Virginia’s 11 congressional districts decides the method by which they want to nominate their candidate. The 7th District Democrats opted for the caucus convention.
|“||The duly constituted authorities of the state political party, as stated in a party’s rules and bylaws, shall have the right to determine the method by which a party nomination for a member of the United States Senate or for any statewide office shall be made.||”|
- April 10, 2014: Mike Dickinson appeared on Fox News’ “On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren,” announcing that he was an official candidate for the 7th District; however, the filing deadline was at 5PM that day, at which point Dickinson was in the studio at Fox News and never filed to be an official candidate. Despite this, Dickinson continued to use social media as though he was a filed candidate.
- May 2, 2014: This was the date for the 7th District Democratic convention; however, because nobody filed to be considered at the convention, no convention was held. The party bylaws dictate that if this situation arises, the nomination is left up to the individual district party committees.
- June 8, 2014: After officially calling a meeting a week prior, as required by party bylaws, the 7th District Democratic committee met. Dr. Jack Trammell had filled out all the necessary paperwork to file. At the meeting, the party committee unanimously voted to nominate Trammell. The deadline for nomination by convention was June 10, 2014.
- June 9, 2014: Trammell officially filed his paperwork with the Virginia Board of Elections.
Even if my some miracle, Mr. Dickinson makes it onto the ballot for the 7th District, I’m sure respectable gun owners will remember these crazed comments and act accordingly.
Interested in what to do for family self-defense? Click here to find out life saving information.