State police are saying that the concealed carry application process will take several months to put into place and the permitting process is not exactly ready to go right now.
But that excuse was not good enough for at least 14 counties in Illinois. Although some state police officials are saying that they will arrest anyone found to be carrying a concealed firearm, these western counties in Illinois say these cases will not go anywhere. Thomas Gibbons, Madison County State’s Attorney made this comment on the issue:
“I’ve already made clear to the state police that those prosecutions will go nowhere. Those folks will not be prosecuted as long as they’re following the guidelines that I laid out.”
The guidelines that Gibbons has laid out are as follows:
- Must be issued and possess a valid F.O.I.D. card or, if not an Illinois resident, a valid concealed carry permit from a state that performs a background check prior to issuance of the permit; and
- Must be carrying the firearm for self-defense; and
- Must not be prohibited from possession of a firearm under another statute or court order; and
- Must keep the firearm concealed on their person or in their vehicle, and not visible to the public; and
- Must not be engaged in any criminal conduct; and
- Must be in compliance with all other federal, state and local laws and ordinances; and
- Must, when asked, inform law enforcement officers of the firearm when in contact with an officer in the course of their duties. It is essential that individuals cooperate with any police officer and inform them of the presence of the firearm prior to removing it from its concealed location. Displaying the firearm at a public location or without the request or knowledge of an officer could constitute a violation of the law.
Watch news video of to see which 14 counties are involved and what they are saying:
This ex-military insider is saying you should be hoarding these 37 things now, before the next crisis hits. Since stores only have 3 days worth of food and they can run out in just a couple hours. Read more here.
NASA is warning that we have 13 months to get ready. See why FEMA has ordered 300 million body bags in the face of what some are calling WWIII. CLICK HERE (sponsored)